A pair of engraved Ti wedding rings

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don’t know what the lettering means, but it is a sort of elves script. I have the font ( true letter type). It is similar as the engraving on the outside of the lord of the rings ring.

I recently got my En-Set, so this one both stone setting and lettering I did using Chris DeCamillis new tool.

Here is the elves alphabet if you like to find out what it says.

If you are interested in the font, sent me a PM

arnaud

http://www.juwelenarnaud.be/clipart/elvesscriptTi.jpg

mbroder

Elite Cafe Member
Looks good, Arnaud! I just did a pair of Lord of the Rings wedding bands, inside and out, in white gold. Nearly 80 characters on each ring. I thought it would be fun, but some of the characters which had horizontal lines on the inside of an 8mm wide band wasn't very fun at all.

mrthe

Beautyfull Arnaud!..... but i have a dude, your link to the elves alphabet is a keyboard reference of the computer font, if i'm not wrong, we can't translate with this reference

I learned Tengwar back in the days when LotR was the big thing.

As far as I can translate this ring spells "Presious". It depends if the language is Sindarin or Quenya as Sindarin puts vocals after consonants, and Quenya the opposite. To me this looks like Sindarin with the first S falsely intended as a C... But I could of course be wrong in this. :cool:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Steinar, yes the translation make sense. Here is what I was supposed to engrave. Anyway, if I made a mistake, the customers did like it and they had no comments on that.

thanks willy

arnaud