A new project, engraving a pistol. [photo]

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I only have one fire arm as I’m living in Belgium where we have a strict Law about fire arms.
It is a FN Browning 1910 I got from my dad who got it from his dad. So it is almost a hundred years old but still works fine.

As it will be my first and probably only shotgun I will ever engrave, I have to do this the best I can starting with the design.

Sure it is a project, and I know finally I’m ready for it.

During the time I spent in this Café, I got a lot of help finding original patterns for this pistol.

I now started drawing the outlines of the different parts that need scroll designs. To be sure it all will fit properly; I printed this several times, used scissors to put all the different parts on the pistol to make sure they have the right size.
So far so good.

Now I started adding the design I will engrave, based on an original FN Renaissance design.
Once I have a vector design, I will cut all of that on a steel sheet first, then use Mike Dubber’s system to transfer it on the pistol itself.

So it will take some time to finish this project, sure to be continued.

arnaud

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Arnaud,Go for it looks good,your pistol is one of many John Browning designed for FN my favorite pistol is my Browning High Power. J.J.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
This will be an excellent canvas for your engraving, Arnaud. Plus it has sentimental value.

Based on the photo, I think the slide would benefit from some careful filing and stoning to sharpen up the edges and corners, especially near the muzzle. Surface prep is the key to high-end firearms engraving :thumbsup:

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud,
Since you are a goldsmith, do you plan to bling it out with some gold inlay too?

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This looks like a fun, sentimental, great project. I have always wanted one of this model of pistol, as it has great lines and flows so nicely toward the muzzle. I can hardly wait for the finished product!

aalv2003

Hi Arnaud. I have THE SAME pistol, and Im planing to engrave it some day. I have some "eclate" (smoke pulls) of these browning pistol engraved. Please give me your mail or tell me how to send them to you.

aalv2003

Trying to upload pics.... maybe are the same you have...

gp20001.jpg gp20002.jpg gp 1900.jpg gp 1900-2.jpg

Attachments

• pp .250002.jpg
    pp .250002.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 150
  • pp .250003.jpg
    pp .250003.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 150

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Should be a fun project and if it goes anything like your buckle, you'll be mighty proud of it. Thanks for posting the outline. I'm in the process of collecting all the diagrams I can get and this is invaluable!

Latest posts

Sponsors