Critique Request A little something I drew up for my little girl.

DiamondCactus

K Frei

Elite Cafe Member
my thoughts

You don't have to listen to me... few do; but it would help to know more about what you are trying to accomplish. How big are you going to cut it? How is it going to be contrasted? so on and so forth.

So many times we can do so much more with less, and I am curious about the berries... if it were me, i think i'd but one or two more oak leaves (or change the position of the one on the "E" so it's closer to the rest of the piece) on the outside, and erase the berries. Let me state clearly that this is only my opinion, and there are others more qualified, and ultimately your, and you customers (daughters) opinion are the ones who matter good luck... looks good K Frei

Attachments

• my thoughts.png
    my thoughts.png
    273.5 KB · Views: 265

DiamondCactus

This is actually suppose to be Scottish Thistle, now that you mention it the leaf by the E does look a little far away. I always love peoples opinions as this is not the stuff I normally draw. This will more than likely just get put into a scrap piece of aluminum until I can think or find some thing nice for her.

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I recognized it a thistle right away, even before I noticed the Celtic knotwork.

Me personally I would leave the thistles in there and maybe just get rid of he fold over on the first "E". Make that leaf just straight so as not to extent quite so far above the others. To my eye it is OK to accent that letter since it is the first and the letter that becomes her initial. But as it is it may be a little over accented.

JMHO

Ray

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
hey-- whatever happened to "it's the thought that counts"? no reason a little gal wouldn't love that.

Latest posts

Sponsors