A little sketch

NicGregson

Hey guys,

This is a drawing I did last week. I've been engraving for a bit but mainly jewellery so don't get to do any of this scroll work...hopefully that'll change soon :biggrin: Any feedback would be great. I know it's a bit complex,it's not for anything in particular. Just something I sat down and did one night as I had managed to finish up early for work YAY!!!

Cheers guys,
Nic

Attachments

• IMG_2587.jpg
    IMG_2587.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 267

Skylineski

awesome drawing, i really like it!! i did see some thing i would have done different. i played around on the computer a little but can't get the pic to load. i would be willing to send it to you if you are interested in advice from a newbie

Doug

Andrew Biggs

Hi Nic

Very nice and I like the tag :)

A suggestion..............When you draw these designs put them inside a shape/frame and work within that shape.

The reason I suggest that is that it teaches you discipline with your drawing. Everything we do is inside a shape of some sort. It can be a gun part, jewellery, knife bolsters, squares, circles, triangles or whatever........this challenges you to get your flow in the right direction, work within a given area, mirroring, symmetrical and asymmetrical design and keeping your borders correct.

Freeform is okay for doodling but at the end of the day it really doesn't teach you much because we are never given that luxury in reality............If you are going to practice drawing then you may as well do it productively. :)

Cheers
Andrew

NicGregson

Thanks for your comments Andrew.
I totally agree. Working within shapes is much more challenging but 'real world' so to speak.
I have an antique silver fusee pocket watch that will be my first project. Its not particularly expensive so it will be a great thing to practice my drawing and design before proceeding with the engraving

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
very nice Nic
I like the scrolls, they look unique
and I agree with Andrew I like your signature with the Tag

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Mic,Welcome I believe your on the right track,keep on drawing and every thing will work out for you. :thumbsup: J.J.

Sponsors