A little guessing game

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
Bullet Pen!

Don't try to go through airport security with this. Had one like this confiscated!!!!!!!!!!
Great idea on predator call will give this a blow.

At our reunion in 2005, several of the guys had flown in. On the way home they put the pens in their check in luggage and had no problem getting home. In 2007 I made the 223 key chains, same thing. Everyone made it home.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well tow of you have guessed it but Tall Gary wins being first on the block.
It is a fixture for the rear end of a 45 colt gov't slide. Needing to engrave over the rounded top of the slide it would be necessary to spin it while rotating it in the vice exactly like you would engrave a barrel. I use something similar for the bottom of 1886 Winchester frames and other such things. The trick was figuring out some way to hold the rear end of the slide.

Image-2.jpg Image-3.jpg Image-1.jpg

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I agree with the guessers... it's to slip into the rear of the 1911 slide and the brass is used to mount the slide and allow it to rotate on a holding fixture as needed. It's a Framistanic-holdinthing.

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
I have a carving rack that is made using one of those clamps. I used various sized HDPE shapes that fit the ends of my game calls. I also made some that used a bearing on each end between the clamp and the plug that fit the end of the calls. You can clamp the call in the middle and spin it like it was on a lathe.

Latest posts

Sponsors