A few more recent projects

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A Ruger Vaquero with an "A" level of coverage. I also made the silver grip inlays and engraved them with a "quasi" Texas seal for the customer. I don't normally do this minimal coverage but the client requested a style similar to a Colt factory A engraved gun. I did my best to put my take on the style they liked and do it on the difficult hard canvas of the Ruger New Vaquero

Next, are pictures of the extreme makeover Remington. This gun was originally a model 4 rolling block chambered for 32 rimfire. The takedown rifle was rechambered for 327 federal magnum.

Lastly are some finished pictures of the consecutive numbered Ruger Blackhawk revolvers I engraved.

If I've posted these prior, please excuse my redundancy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 300
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 300
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 300
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 301
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 301
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 298
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 301

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Bert,I like them all,really like the Remington single shot with the English scrolls.:thumbsup: J.J.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This gun was originally a model 4 rolling block chambered for 32 rimfire. The takedown rifle was rechambered for 327 federal magnum
Bert,
I've got a model 1-1/2 rolling block in 32 rimfire and have agonized over converting it while still maintaining the original barrel. Was this gun rebarreled during its conversion, or was the original barrel retained?

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bert,
I've got a model 1-1/2 rolling block in 32 rimfire and have agonized over converting it while still maintaining the original barrel. Was this gun rebarreled during its conversion, or was the original barrel retained?

It was originally a 32 caliber so I stayed in that same caliber. Only the chamber needed adjustment to fit the casing of the 327. Additionally it was modified from rimfire to centerfire.

If I do another, I think 32-20 would be nice.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Only the chamber needed adjustment to fit the casing of the 327.
That makes it a really simple conversion. I was not aware of that cartridge since all my books pre-date its introduction. I had been leaning toward necking a 30-30 Winchester up to .32 caliber and chambering it for that. Looks like the .327 solves that problem.

Additionally it was modified from rimfire to centerfire.
Yes, I have the book by Frank DeHaas detailing that portion of the conversion. Finally getting around to starting some of these projects I've had on the shelf for years. Currently have a barrel being fitted to an 1884 trap door action for a Gemmer Trapdoor Hawken.

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The 327 federal magnum is a handgun load similar in performance to a 357...I went with it because I wanted to covert a squirrel and rabbit gun into something capable of dropping a whitetail, or any small to medium sized game animal. Plus I just thought it was cool...yup... I like to have fun

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Been along time since Pueblo has had a quality engraver of your level Bert. P.O. Ackley lived by us a couple doors down out in the company town of Lime just 7 mile south of town at the Stem Beech turn off then move to Salt Lake City of Holiday in the sub-burbs. We moved there a few year later and ended up being 2 doors down. In Salt Lake his shop was a old chicken coop. could tell some interesting stories about his wild cat cartridges in toughs days, I or rather my dad bought me an M-1 Off the back of NRA's Riflemen magazine for $20- OP barreled one for his grandson one for Doug Pratt another close friend and one for me in point .17 . Now that was a rabbit gun for the salt flats. You could buy model 1903 300-60's and British 303'S for $5 and Enemy guns were just as cheap. Lugers and Walthers for $10 Japanese rifles for a next to nothing . I have one that cost $1 Fred