Help, please: a buckle in process

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
Illl pick up where i left off today. Made of nickle, but will have sterling overlays on the brand and flowers with 2 safires set in flower centers. will also have a sculpted rope edge. any advice on the rope edge would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• kbuckle.JPG
    kbuckle.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 299

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lovely design, and splendidly cut, Griff,

If you are asking about rope border cuts, I am going to assume this might be your first go at it? If so, I strongly urge you to get comfortable with the style before you tackle this fine bracelet, uniformity of the cuts will look stunning, and irregular rope cutting will stand out like a sore thumb.

The good news that, like lettering practice, one cannot ever get enough practice, so jump in there on any old practice metal shapes. Sam A and Mike Dubber can do it in their sleep and make it look so easy, as can many of the bright cutters. Perhaps Silverchip Dave and others can chip in with some tips for you? I would start by looking at Tim Wells' helpful rope-cut video, which is maybe posted on this forum, if not, it certainly is on the Lindsay Forum.

I look forward to seeing more photos of this fine looking design.

Rod

Last edited:

mrthe

Very nice! Like Rod say rope border is nor very easy like serm to do, good luck with it ;)

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
thanks guys. its not sul ross its a scottish guys initials SR. he has been working for a company in Houston now hes going home and the company is wanting to give him a Texas type going away present the 29th. at a hootie falutie steakhouse in town. Ill be finished today as I leave for Vegas in the morning. Ill post a finished pic good bad or ugly!

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
finished, delivered

I finished this about a week or so ago, I said id post good bad or ugly so here it is.... many things I would do differently. :beatup:

Attachments

• erh.JPG
    erh.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 149

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I'm sure no judge Griff, but I like it a lot. It has a nice soft " broken in" feel to it.

Latest posts

Sponsors