A Braclett

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here is a braclet I worked on today. 14 guage argentium. Take care and have a good weekend all, Seth

Attachments

• Braclet 5-7-09 034.jpg
    Braclet 5-7-09 034.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 229

Markofx

Seth,

Take care when you shape this bracelet. The butt joints where the band meets the top will distort. Make sure it's dead soft.

Nice design,

Mark

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
that's really neat. the hammered area really adds some spice to this .

jack

How do you like working in Argentium silver? I myself really like it. I find the engraving holds up really great and I like the looks of it when polished. Jack:banana:

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mark, thanks for the advice. I bent it today with the GRS bender slow and easy and finished up the ends around 1" mac socket. I could see where the joints are a problem as the oval is very stiff and it extends past the weaker braclet ends. Slow and easy, with some finish up with a rubber hammer around the socket seemed to work well.

Jack, I have never engraved anything other than argentium sterling. Except for steel. I have never worked with normal silver except for some soldering. I found that soldering argentium blows chunks. I hate it for that. Easy stuff like a screw onto the back of a concho and that sort of thing is simple, but a rope border darn near sent me packing. Still haven't tried again. Lost my mojo.

Here is is all bent up. My normal camera went to Europe with my mother, so you will have to settle for lesser pics. Seth

Attachments

• 2-7-2009 008.jpg
    2-7-2009 008.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 57