Critique Request 3rd real try at bulino

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Found an old practise plate with some scroll which is pretty poor but tried a meeks squirrel only my 3 rd real attempt at bulino so here for your comments :thinking the plate 45mm x 55mm

Ray

Last edited:

ahenson

Looking pretty good! I would say to watch out for outlines, such as around the squirrel's back and the final curl of the tail. These need to be distinguished with cuts of "hair" instead of one continuous line, or on the tree trunk, with bark. He is also a bit flat in terms of lighting, so he has less form than might be desired. Nice attempt for your third go at bulino. HTH! :)

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
very nice critter. i think the scrolls are far too bold-- they take the eye away from the squirrel. other than that, real nice.

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
Looking pretty good! I would say to watch out for outlines, such as around the squirrel's back and the final curl of the tail. These need to be distinguished with cuts of "hair" instead of one continuous line, or on the tree trunk, with bark.

I agree. Animals especially, should have a soft 'furry' outline. When you use solid lines intead, it turns it into a cartoon figure.

Nice work Ray! :)

Sponsors