3-d cougar head bolo concho western bright-cut

tsterling

Elite Cafe Member
Well, I want to see it, but the glare is just too bad. Let's cut the bottom out of a plastic milk jug, put it over the piece, take a picture through the top opening and see if the image turns out better, please Mr Silverchip!

Tom

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dave,

Glare or no glare, it is already looking mighty fine, and I wanna hear a lot more about how you approached this, and hopefully a few more pics. Looks like you have gone for an almost cubist result. I like it!

Rod

Last edited:

John P. Anderson

Elite Cafe Member
Seems like a fella named Dave once advised me to use wax to cut the glare. Nice work though. We gottta flip you a few horse apples. It's a rule or something.

I never did take new photos of that bracelet. Or finish my photo setup, or finish the pendant I'm currently not working on..........

John

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Milk carton still has some left, so I gotta waitfor better pics. in the meantime today-going to American falls to find some monster trout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I 'll see if the camera works better outdoors???

silvermon

Silverchip, I do hope you get a chance to photograph this again. It appears to be quite fine; much more detailed than typical Western bright-cut. I seem to remember Calumet photograph supply (online) had a spray that worked to remove shine on objects like silver.
Is the cougar head cast or did you chase and repoussé it?

Latest posts

Sponsors