Critique Request 2nd bulino try

Jeroen

Hallo
so here is my second attempt to do some bulino. It's a bee, I guess everyone sees that, but it's a bit bigger than real size (22x16mm), and that's something I hadn't thought off to be more difficult than getting a small bulino of a big animal like the elephant. Does this make sense?
A bee is a heary animal, and hair isn't easy to do, I found out. So the 'edges' of the bee are not really lines but a bit fuzzy.
Any advise on how to do this better (I'm well aware this can be done better!) is welcome!

Jeroen

Attachments

• 2012-05-16 19-45-40.325.jpg
    2012-05-16 19-45-40.325.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 260

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
:tiphat: Not bad at all, Jeroen! The bee looks really good, and that for your 2nd bulino attempt! My congrats, greetings, Paulie:beerchug:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks good to me Jeroen, and as you have some thousands bees in your garden, sure you will know the best how they look.

arnaud

Jeroen

bee-pin

Although this was an exercise, my father who is a bee-keeper as well, thought this would be great as a pin. I heard him coming, so we made a pin out of the bee-exercise.

Jeroen

Attachments

• beejeroen01forum.jpg
    beejeroen01forum.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 98

Andrew Biggs

Hi Jeroen

That is a much better photo that shows off the bulino. It is a beautiful pin you have made and I like the bee. You have captured the translucence of the wings really well.

Pretty damn good for your second attempt :)

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors