1/2 bracelet

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Seriously good work, Shawn. :happyvise: Wonderful shading. Your graver control is outstanding. :chip:

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The top half right? Nice work Shawn. Perhaps you will let me come and sweep your shop for pointers some day if I ever get back into it.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What happened to the ends of the bracelet? Is there something in the big picture that kept the ends from being engraved? You are so close to completing a piece that is right on but something always gets in the way. On this piece it looks like the ends are not incorporated into the design.
For those of you that think I am being hard on Shawn remember that we have our own time invested in him and I am pushing him to be the best he can be. Shawn also knows that if he wants an atta boy he can just show it to his Mom.

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
arnaud...yes i will use the grs bender.

leonard.
keep that dark cloud comming.:no:

there are a couple of spots that need fixing.
the main scroll on the left side has a hump in the backbone.
the other yellow spots show where the shading is off a bit.
and then there is a leaf that just looks out of place. i should have taken a little more time to design a better looking leaf.
the border looks odd in the picture , but looks much better in person. still it could be better.

shawn:tiphat:

Last edited:

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I must agree with your "nemesis" Haraga. I would simply saw the ends to follow the scroll backbones and have the nice rounded ends which would be more comfortable on a woman's wrist and less likely to "catch" on clothing. (Even with the leaves extending out from the backbone)

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
my nemesis.....thats just great doc.:mad:
now you just gave lenny another reason to run around his house wearing a mask, cape and his short shorts.:confused:
fighting poor engraving and bad design one thread at a time.:beatup:

Last edited:

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nemesis. I like that. Shawn, it's dust mask, towel and underwear. No house, just a mobile with tires on the roof. Is it wrong to leave the axles under it even though the tires have rotted off? Oh one more thing, instead of a sword, it's an aluminum scoop shovel.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bakers dozen for the roof. I could really use a couple more for the bay window that overlooks the hitch/dog shelter. The last tire wasn't intentionally shot out. My wife said she was aiming at me.

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sic'em Lenny, I hate square corners since it only takes a few minutes to add a little contour to finish a piece nicely.Kinda like a ranger style buckle with square ends,it just doesn't look right!!!!!Nice engraving BTW.I guess that's half an attaboy.

Last edited:

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That Shawn is a hard headed one. It's like he is so concentrated on the engraving that he is not seeing the big picture. Can't see the forest through the trees, so to speak.

Latest posts

Sponsors