Rose Laman - 1923-2010

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
One of the greatest blessings God can bestow on a person is a good mother. You were truely blessed. It is sad to see them go. My condolences go out to you Sam.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i too, am sad to hear this sam.little wonder you have become the generous and giving person that you are. my prayers go with you and your family this day. god bless & keep you.

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
Sam you have my condolences and sympathies. My mother died in 1986 and I still think of her often. She is with me in the person I have become. As your mother will be part of you.

God bless and your family.
Jim Sackett

tundratrekers@mtaonline.n

Elite Cafe Member
Sam,my heart and prayers go out to you and yours! Be comforted to know that you embody some of her most precious qualities,I think charity,embodies them all! God Bless mike

lesholmes

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, my sincere condolences.

Your Mom sounds a lot like mine. One night while we were in High School my sister complained at 8:30 one night that she hadn't anything to wear to school the next day; our mom started sewing. At 7:30 the next day my sister put on her new dress for school.

I know you and Abigail will miss her.

Best Regards,

Les Holmes

Karl Stubenvoll

Elite Cafe Member
We all grieve with you, Sam. Your mother did a fine job of raising you, and her legacy lives on in the wonderful friendship, teaching and giving that you bring to all of us through this forum. Your efforts have helped me in many ways, and I thank you.

Karl Stubenvoll

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
She sounds like an amazing woman that had a full and rich life. Best of luck getting through this.

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
As the others have said, if the child is any reflection, she must have been quite a woman. Hang in there.
Gary

dhall

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Dear Sam and Abigail,

The ache that only time is said to heal (but never fully does), the loss that is never recovered, death is the most selfish of occurances. It steals from us the best we ever knew, and we sorely miss not being able to share with them the fullness of our lives, as our lives march on, and we miss the cadence of their lives, and how the tattoo of our footsteps now ring hollow and asynchronous without theirs treading along side ours.

Your solace will slowly reveal itself; you know of your blessings, and they can help steel you from the ravages that a loss such as yours will visit upon your hearts. I know you sense the comfort and caring that this extended family of the Cafe offers to you and that you will take from it what you can.

My sincere condolences upon your loss,
Doug

WDA

Sam,

Prayers and condolences from the Albers. I can say that the giving nature you speak of
about your mother are mirrored in you. Never having met her , I can imagine you would
not be who you are without someone like her to nurture a willingness to help others so
readily. I wish you and Abigail comfort and peace knowing such a legacy is left to
witness to a life given to help others.

Your friend,
Bill

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dear Abigail and Sam,

Sooner or later, hopefully later, most of us become orphans, and there is no preparation in facing into the loss of a parent who has given us the gift of life. It is a profound moment to look back and see no one holding the torch, no matter how frail the hand. It falls to us to take our turn, and we discover the handle is hot, leading us to respect the courage of our parents all the more.

Every blessing, and I will write a note to you, as I sit awaiting my flight to Emporia.

Rod

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dear Abigail and Sam,

My mother was also born in rural West Virginia in 1923. These women came from the most humble, beginnings, weathered the Great Depression and World War II. They went on to raise families and become the fiber of what made America a great country. It is to unsung heros like your mother that this nation owes a debt of gratitude and respect for all they gave and the example they set for following generations.

Requiscat in pace, Rose Laman.

Roger Bleile

SEngraver

Hi Sam,
Very sorry to read about your mum, Rose Laman.Please accept our sincere condolences.You are in our thoughts and prayers.

SE:tiphat:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors