money plate progress,,,

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
"It's hard when you don't have a name for yourself yet."

I said I'd leave suggestions to others, but . . . .
Jeff your work speaks for itself. Your name will be known by the work you do.
Start showing it. You've got the skills and the talent.
Kevin P.

jfava

Dude your work is freakin awesome! Your probably the best student I've ever had. Your ability to see something demonstrated and reproduce it is unbelievable... and what I think most people don't know is that you only had 2hrs of bulino training when you did the tiger head...

Your scroll work... I'm beginning to like more then my own...lol and I'm happy to see my influence in it as well as my own teachers influences that I've passed on.

Dude you NEED to invest in yourself. Buy an object of value and add value to it. It's that simple and that is business.

At the same note I waited 2 years before cutting on an actual object and I never regretted it. When your ready you will do it and as soon as you do your success will begin.

Best regards,
Jason

Dennis Sprague

Elite Cafe Member
Jeff
That design is Awesome, are you shaving your head,drinking warm buttermilk and wearing strange socks all at the same time.HaHa... I tried that, but didn't get the results I was hoping for,Still havent gotten back to normal.
Keep up the good work.:beerchug:
Dennis

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Looks really nice Jeff. Well thought out and executed. I am sure Jason has you up to speed on the bulino work. On piece of advice I will add, is make sure your artwork is good on paper, such as the shape/shading, if something does not look quite right fix it on paper until it does look right, so the same mistake does not transfer to the steel. Also doing a full pencil rendering will help you familiarize yourself with how to shade it to control your tonal values, keep image separation, etc. Good luck, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Odhams

very impressive, I really like the combination of the scrolls & the chequered border.
´From reading this thread it sounds as if you are relativly new at engraving but by seeing your work I would say that you´ve been doing it for years.
Keep up the good work & like others have said "just do it" if you don´t try you´ll keep wondering if you could have.

All the best Chris

ps would love to see the end result:tiphat:

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Jeff:

This work is seen fantastic. The design pleases me a lot and I am convinced that the scene of bulino will remain very beautiful. :beerchug:

I expect to see the work finished.

Antonio

CJ Tate

Elite Cafe Member
I agree with encouragements above - if I could engrave this finely I would have already engraved everything that did not move - including the kitchen sink! Do a knife.

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
Jeff,
Really beautiful work. I am in awe of how quickly you have become an outstanding engraver.
:beerchug:
Stewart

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
Along the lines of what Brian suggested about finished drawings, I'd be happy to see your drawings as you get ready. I really enjoy seeing pieces like this come together.
Gary

Latest posts

Sponsors