A Tutorial on How to Draw for Beginners

J Saville

Elite Cafe Member
Andrew,

It seems that you are often the one of first to respond to those of us who need help. Thanks for the great tutorial.

I used to get frustrated at the number of times I would have to draw something just to "get it Right". Now I find out that I'm not the only one who can't seem to get it right the first time.

I was worried about spending so much time with the pencil, however this and the posts with Arnaud's drawing progress has made me rethink things a bit.

Thanks again.

John

Andrew Biggs

Well, I'm glad that it's still helping people out with their drawing.

John.........It can be frustrating but it can also get a little easier the more you do it. And the chances are that you will never get it right first time. In fact if you get it right first time you will be a positive genius!!!It's just a constant refinement untill you are a happy with what you are doing. Sometimes it comes quickly and sometimes slowly.

Just recentley I got a little slack with something and did some half baked drawings that I really didn't think through very well and made some fairly basic mistakes and should have known better...........so I cut this thing anyway despite all the warning bells going off in my head.

And it ended up looking as incomplete as the drawing...................funny that!!! :eek:

No amount of me squinting my eyes, gazing at it, turning it upside down, wishful thinking or anything else made it look any good. So I had to go back to the drawing board and start again but this time the end results were a lot better.

So I guess if there is a moral to the story it is "the design is everything"...........so any time with the pencil and paper is valuable and keep drawing till the design is the very best you can do on the day. Cutting it doesn't make a bad design look any better. :)

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors