"X" watch: Anodizing engraved titanium experiment

Jeroen

Hello James, and I mean: Hello! Nice result!
About your self-built installation: I recognize the variable voltage regulator, but what do the other components do? As I thaught only the regulator is enough?

Jeroen

James Roettger

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Jeroen, At a this web link http://mrtitanium.com/anodizer.html you can get the details of how the anodizer was built. A forum member here (Santos) noted that for safety I need to add an "isolation transformer" to my setup to limit the amperage that I am exposed to. I plan to do this. Not seen in the photo is also the ground fault interrupter socket which adds safety as well. I got the Variac transformer on ebay for $50. There is a large capacitor from Granger $30 and a DC rectifier from the internet $10. 2 used light sockets for a capacitor drain and current limiter free. 60 watt incandescent black light bulb for "cool" effect. Total cost was just under $100. The isolation transformer I need for added safety will add another $100 at least.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you James for the info on colouring Titanium. I recently purchased a anodizer that is sold in the US for about 250$.
It is digital with a 10th step. Works great. Looks cheaper to me than your home build one. But yours looks great as well.

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors