Wm. (Bill) Brockway

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just read today that Bill Brockway passed away in April of this year. I know he was a member here and well known in gun circles. He was well versed on the coloring of damascus barrels and wrote the definitive book on "Building a Double Barreled Flintlock Shotgun." Among other things, he was an excellent woodcarver and engraver.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theadvocate/obituary.aspx?pid=164150342#fbLoggedOut

I met him at Friendship, IN and have a signed copy of his book.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Family Contacts?

If anyone here knows of any contact info for Bill's family please get in touch.
A gentleman contacted me saying that he had some early 8mm footage of Bill shooting flintlocks that he would like to give to the family. It would be nice to help out on this but I haven't a clue where to begin.
Thanks,
Layne

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Layne,
He lived in Baton Rouge. You should be able to look him up in the phone book. I'm sure his wife is still there. She should be able to put you in contact with other family members. His son, Wm. Jr lives in Metarie.

ps...saw your work in this month's MuzzleBlasts. Matt, Toni, and Jackie Brown are old friends.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the info mr Kanger. I'll do a little searching. I just got my copy of the Muzzleblast with the article and while it was good, I'm a bit embarrassed at the inflated language used to describe me. I was going to post a topic on that a bit later. It was comical at first but now it kind of rubs me. Apparently I'm now a "Master" engraver? Hmm.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just got my copy of the Muzzleblast with the article and while it was good, I'm a bit embarrassed at the inflated language used to describe me.
;) Ya gotta consider the source. There are more master engravers, gunbuilders, cutlers, woodcarvers and horners in that group than in the whole rest of the world.

Latest posts

Sponsors