While I was at it

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Since I've been on a kick engraving antique piano key ivory I thought I'd try something that has been bugging me for a while. I will let you folks have your will with it, good or bad. The piece will be a necklace pendant or possibly a decorative display but still needs a bale to complete it. Silver and ivory if interested.
Enjoy,
Mark

Attachments

• Resized eyes.jpg
    Resized eyes.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 330

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Like Fred I like the almost helmet armor effect the mounting has. Really a neat mount with the sterling. I think it would look good as either a pendant or a lapel pin.

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks folks, you're very kind.
Jesse, I didn't hold it in a vise. I made a wooden ball fixture to put on a ring sandbag, then put some black pitch on the top flat, then a piece of copper. Then adhered a piece of double stick tape, which stuck way to well! I didn't think to lightly wax the back of the ivory for an easier release but I'd never used the stuff before. I would prefer to use the old splicing tape used in printing plants that use roll paper it's not as thick nor as sticky. I used carpet tape so ya know. Got it off as you can see. I could sit anywhere with enough light and work, with it in my hand or sitting on a table. Good luck on your journey.
Mark

Latest posts

Sponsors