Where is the best place to get signature stamp?

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Several folks have mentioned on the forums and through email that Rachel needs to sign the things she is making on the lathe. Where is the best place to get a signature stamp made up? We are probably looking for one that just says "Rachel".

I have always engraved my signature so I am not to up on where to have a stamp made at a reasonable cost.

Thanks,

Ray

RoycroftRon

Elite Cafe Member
I think with these a hand signature can work well. A friend of mine turns duck calls and he signs it with a waterproof pen and then waxes over it after it has dried a bit. Seems to hold fast.

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well Ron, Unfortunately Rachel is much better with a lathe chisel than she is with a pen. She apparently inherited her lack of penmanship from me.

Brian,

I know Ray sold star and hoof stamps but I didn't know he did custom stamps. I definitely would rather have someone I know do it. I will give him a call tomorrow. Thanks for the lead.

Ray

LahtiM39

Try a search for Harper Manufacturing. They have done them for me in the past and are reasonable.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I've made a few hallmark stamps over the years from oil hardening drill rod.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ray,

I'll bet with your engraving skills, you could transfer Rachel's signature onto the face of a short length of drill rod ( high carbon steel, soft), "flare cut" the signature, then relieve the background, and start using it. Harden and temper if stamping onto metal, but mine has stamped onto some 15,000 hardwood flute joints with being hardened. You could have it made in about the same time it takes to make inquiries for some company to do it.

best

Rod

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'm with sam on this. have her draw her design to a large size, giving you a sample from which to work. ray you should be able to cut this quickly. a totally easy way to harden it with a small plumbers torch and quenching oil. mtls available at mcmaster-carr.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Ray,
I just got my stamp from Ray Phillips. It is perfect. Give him a call. He will be at FEGA this weekend. His special stamps are top shelf work.
Sandy

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I got mine from Texas Knifemakers Supply but it was years ago. I assume they still offer them.

Sponsors