What set up would you chose from these 2?

Bigarmedmike

Foot Control Classic or NitroG20â„¢ engraving set w/ sharpener
Set Includes:
Classic handpiece or NitroG20 (your choice)
Dual Regulators with Foot Control
Tungsten Dead blow piston
CarbaltXD graver blanks 5 pack
M42 graver blanks 5 pack
Lindsay Sharpener set with basic templates, Includes: Sharpening fixture, 6"x6' sharpening base, four diamond bench stones (260, 600, 1200, 2000), plus 4 templates: Universal, Detailing, 105, and Flat & Knife Combo
*$1788

Grs graver max g8 plus 901 hand set and Lyndsey sharpening kit plus compressor connection kit $1895.

I will purchase the compressor here in the uk and I already have a few qc grs push gravers and a vice

mrthe

take care the classic and the nitro have great difference, if is for general engraving go for the classic, the nitro is for works more bigger like motorcicle parts or very very deep carving, and you will need a compressor more bigger, for my airgraver i use a airbrush compressor , very silent around 50 dcb and not very expensive ( you can find it for 120 euros in ebay).
The classic in general work at 30- 35 psi the nitro i think you need 90 psi
Personally i preferre the Lindsay but if you can try all the systems before buy will be the better way to see the difference of both systems, good luck ;)

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
They are both great systems. I have both. I use a gravermax at my retail store and I have a Lindsay at home. I go between the two systems daily, without issue. They are both really great tools. Remember it's not the tool that makes great engraving, it's the person driving it! You can do outstanding work with either.

I will say the Lindsay is very nice in that you don't need electric to run it, just pressurize air. The simplicity of just a regulator is pretty great. if you have any plans or desire to take your work on the road, the simplicity factor of the Lindsay makes it great for this task.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I recently was able to test Chris’s En-Set at Basel. And as it is a new player at the market and as no one else is mentioning it, I feel it is my duty to point on this great system too.
I’m not saying it is better than any other, but sure it has a great digital controller and one hand piece that works both for very heavy and real soft jobs. The foot pedal is able to let you go that slow, even real heavy, by just one hit at the time.
I will receive mine next week and will write a detailed review about it.
So sure worth considering it as well. Click here for more info
arnaud

James Roettger

Elite Cafe Member
The Lindsay classic can be upgraded to the palm control which allows foot free engraving, very nice when putting in long days at the bench to be able to give your foot and posture a break from being tied to the pedal. I often sit half lotus style while engraving and it's great for your back to be able to move around. The palm control is perfectly instantaneous because the entire tool is in your hand, no delay caused by hose length plumbing. Foot pedals add a slight "rubber band" effect to the control due to the fact that air is elastic or compressible. Get the foot pedal now and upgrade in a few years to the classic. Also it is good to go ahead and have the "L" notches cut in to receive the palm control later so you need not send the tool in for that detail later.

Last edited:

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Mike,

I only have experience with a Palm Control Classic and very little palm pushing. I can tell you the sensitive and intuitive tactile response you receive from the PC quickly gives you incredible control. If you have not tried the PC you should do yourself a favor and do so. While tools do not make a craftsman the best tools and a sincere effort will foreshorten much exasperation, and the PC will have you smiling as you learn. As you may have ascertained I firmly recommend following Mr. Roettger's advice, and will add that starting with a PC is best if possible.

Bob

mrthe

I recently was able to test Chris’s En-Set at Basel. And as it is a new player at the market and as no one else is mentioning it, I feel it is my duty to point on this great system too.
I’m not saying it is better than any other, but sure it has a great digital controller and one hand piece that works both for very heavy and real soft jobs. The foot pedal is able to let you go that slow, even real heavy, by just one hit at the time.
I will receive mine next week and will write a detailed review about it.
So sure worth considering it as well. Click here for more info
arnaud

Arnaud anything mentioned it because at the moment anything have it i think hehe.
maybe 2 or 3 persons that owns the " mothers" machines.
i have large tested the model plus , and is very interesting , but well how i have wrote some lines up .....the true ... personally i preferre the lindsay airgraver.

Bigarmedmike

Great advice thanks. It seems like choosing between a PC or a Mac they both do the same job and it's just personal preference, although most of you seem to be leaning more to the Lyndsey wich I must admit looks a bit more stylish and neat. Thanks again for your time, this seems to be a great forum

mrthe

Yes is like chose a PC or a Mac hehehe ....and now we have Linux too !!!

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes mrthe, it is a good thing we don't all like just one device, would be too simple and we would not have those discussions. :biggrin:

arnaud

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Having no experience with Mr. DeCamillis's tool I cannot form an opinion about its performance. The tool looks to me to have many unique and interesting possibilities. I hope to try this tool one day, it looks to be the tool for power assisted bulino and offers the look of H&C. I believe many will find it a very useful addition to their essential tools. PC or Mac, more like Maserati and Chevrolet, I don't know who builds tools for the GRS Corporation but I know who built my PC.

Bob

mrthe

I think that is good have alternatives,when i always say to my friend Jordi of Syenset,the best will be can own one of each system in our workshops....all the way the most important is your hand and study for learn,all the rest only is a help more and personal taste.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bob, "PC or Mac, more like Maserati and Chevrolet"

I would say if you compare a Mac with En-Set like motor bikes, it is like the Mac runs like a Yamaha and the En-Set like a Harley Davidson
That was my first impression trying the hand piece of the En-Set

arnaud

mrthe

now i'm lost ........ if you compare a en-set and a Mac is normal that for engraving work well a en-set hahaha ( is a joke).
En-set is a great tool , i hope soon when will be avaible the first units ( i think one week or less) read more about it from people that have buy it.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
mrthe, Jordi shipped mine last Thursday, so the first delivers are on their way. Probably mine will arrive next week.

arnaud

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
I have a Lindsay classic. Never had one problem :) Period.

Donny

P.S. I have used the GRS system while attending a class there and it worked and performed very well. ( But I love my classic)

Last edited:

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
GRS builds the machines for GRS. When you go to a class, you get to tour the factory. The show the machines that do all the tooling etc. It's all done right there!

Latest posts

Sponsors