What new inkjets will work with Transfer Magic?

Marian Sawby

I just bought some Transfer Magic and the correct transparencies. However, my Canon iP6700D inkjet does not work with the solution. The printers listed on the Transfer Magic website are obsolete. I am willing to buy a new printer and can go to Staples and experiment. However, am hoping someone might know of a newer inkjet printer that would still be available that works with the solution.

Thanks,
Marian Sawby

me2cyclops

look for pigment inks not dyes. and you can go to staples and get a test print from several to bring home and test
I have a canon ip2600 and it works great

Mike Frakes

Do you have the printer set to use black ink only? From past experience if I forgot to set the printer to print Black ink only the transfer would not work.

May be worth a look before you go buy another printer.

Mike

Idaho Flint

Elite Cafe Member
As my printer (and Epson with DuraInk) just died, and I am looking for a new printer. I would love to hear about any new printers that have ink that work with this.

Can you please post them in the forum.

Thanks
Mike

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
I use a HP Deskjet 1000 and it is totally hit or miss. One design one day and Blam!!!! Perfection!!! three days later same design and I have to try two or three times to get a semi useable transfer...

Donny

Joe Jacob

I have an HP7000, use settings that print only with the black ink. Works great, but only with the original Epson transparencies. With any other inkjet film I get very poor to no transfer.

Latest posts

Sponsors