What Light source do "You" use for bulino...

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
I have been looking for a new light source for doing bulino since I'm sitting there for much longer periods of time. Current I use a cheap articulating light that has the magnifying lens in it. I dont use the lens of course just the light part. The problem is that it throws off a lot of heat. To the point where it makes me sweat. If it's too far away I don't get the needed amount of light...So those using a Loupe or Optivisor for your bulino work can you tell me what you use..????:thinking:

Donny

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Gerry,
I have one on my scope as well and it works well when I'm using the scope...90% of the time while doing bulino work I have my vise on my work table and need a light source for that setup...

Donny

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I remember reading somewhere that Sam uses an adjustable power LED lamp just can't remember where I saw it.

LED light can be on for hours and you can touch it with your bare hands with no problems very little heat comes of those lights

Carlos De La O III

Last edited:

bildio

Elite Cafe Member
Someone recommended this inexpensive LED lamp a while back. There's also a version with a clamp mount. The light source is very good. I liked it so much that I purchased several. I've has problems with the on/off switch though.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20169658/

I recently opened the switch on one of them to see if I can repair or replace or eliminate it. Haven't had time to finish it.

Last edited:

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
I use an old 3 bulb 4 foot flourescent light fixture about 2.5 feet above and perhaps half a foot behind my vise. I use an optivisor with #10 lens. This is for all my engraving.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Phil,

I do have a BUNCH of natural light here in Phoenix Arizona....But at over 100+ degrees the bigger part of the year it gets expensive to air condition the house with to much unfiltered light streaming in:cool:

I will ask my wife if I can use the living room. If you notice me not posting for a few days you can expect to find my body in the rose garden.

Donny