Question: What is the name of this technique ?

yakob

Hi

What is the name of this techniques and is there any book or other resources that I can learn this technique ?

Thanks.

Andrew Biggs

The style looks Italian to me???

You can purchse some excellent books with this type of style from FEGA. Look for Pedersoli, Pedretti, Fracassi and Terzi.

GRS also sell a few books The Unique Work Of Creative Art and IL Grande Libro Delle Incisioni Modern Engravings Real Book plus others.

All of them are excellent books with great photos to study.

Cheers
Andrew

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
All Kidding aside, the style of engraving pictured is known as "Liberty" by the Italian engravers who innovated it. I have never been able to determine why Italians use an English word instead of the Italian libertà to describe that style but I have supposed that liberty is another way of saying freedom of expression.

Some English speaking engravers actually call Liberty engraving "spaghetti engraving."

Andrew has noted above the books where the Liberty style can be found.

Roger

mrthe

Yes Roger you are right i'm italian and in italy this style is know in this way ,maybe because it came from the art nouveau style ,that in italy take the same name "liberty" and for example in Spain take the name "Modernismo" but all are the same ART NOUVEAU

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
in my book of engraving stuff, that's known as elegante chaostique.

Latest posts

Sponsors