What gravers should I buy as a beginner learning hand push?

Hello all! If this is a post that has already been answered I apologize - what graver shapes // types should a beginner purchase to learn hand push engraving? and what angles should they be sharpened at? If it matters I will use a GRS QC hand piece.

Thank you so much everyone!

I guess a square graver. The absolute basic. I've had an engraver working professionally for a high end UK gun firm tell me that's all you really need. Others will say a flat. But if you think about it they're the same.
if I buy a square graver, I could sharpen it into a flat graver right? I am thinking about buying the Lindsey sharping plates and buying blank gravers to shape // sharpen. I was thinking of getting the universal, 105, detailing, and flat // knife plates.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
if I buy a square graver, I could sharpen it into a flat graver right? I am thinking about buying the Lindsey sharping plates and buying blank gravers to shape // sharpen. I was thinking of getting the universal, 105, detailing, and flat // knife plates.
If you cut a face on the broad side (As a-posed to the corner) of a graver blank, you have a flat graver.

Sponsors