What exactly is the Engraving In? A guide for Newbies

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
OK everyone,

We have a lot of new people on the forums who have never been to or know about the Engrave In. So I am starting this thread for the newbies who are not familiar with this great get together in Monteagle, TN. If any of you engraving in veterans want to add to this feel free. Any of you newbies want to ask questions about the event feel free.

The engrave in is an engravers get together at Scott Pilkington's place in Monteagle, TN. It happens every year after the Blade Show.
Here is a link to a thread on Sams forum
http://www.engraverscafe.com/showthread.php?11179-Engrave-In-2012-dates-June-10-12

We all gather there every year and have a good time, great food and talk shop. There are several engravers from world class masters to beginners and every level in between. Scott always has training seminars lined up which are always informative. There will also be various types of tools and such to try out. A lot of people set up displays of their work. Scott has an auction to help pay for the event. A lot of times that is a good place to pick up tools and materials and such at a good price. .... and did I mention we talk a lot of shop?

Scott also always has some cool shooting stuff lined up. Either a Civil War cannon or WWII machine gun or something cool like that for folks to shoot. I think this year he has a cannon lined up. We are also planning a clay pigeon shoot.

Jim Hall always brings in his big smoker and smokes some great hog. We eat like kings while we are there.

A lot of us camp out at Scott's for the event. Others get a hotel room town which is only about 5 minutes away. At night there is always music around the campfire.

IT is a genuinely good time. The camaraderie cannot be beat anywhere. If you even have a passing interest in engraving this event is well worth going to.

tim halloran

Elite Cafe Member
Ray: I For One Can Say That I've Have Had As Much Fun As You Can Have With Your Clothes On. The Food Is Fantastic, As Well As The Company.You Might Even Learn Something While Your There, Or If Your Bored There Will Be Somebody Blowing Something Up, Or Shooting At Something. Also There Is Always Good Music Being Played, And There Are Always Quart Jars Spread Around With The Best Tasting Spring Water In Them I've Ever Tasted. If You Come Bring Your Appetite And Your Ear Plugs. I Will Be There This Year And Hope Everyone Reading This Will Try To Come To It Also, You Won't Regret It.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What Ray said plus you finally get to meet people you only know from the forums. I always set up a display of engraved guns, knives, and anything I've collected with engraving on it. I also have some books for sale as well.

Roger

Latest posts

Sponsors