Western Bright Cut Bracelet

DanAtkisson

I've been on the forum for over a year and I believe this is my first time to post a project. My wife is a New Years baby, so I decided to go out on a limb and try a bright cut bracelet for her birthday present. The first was scrap, thankfully only an hr invested in it. This is the second attempt. It's 1.5" by 7" long which looks huge on her little wrist but that's the way she likes them. Hopefully this will convince her that I'm not just "dinkin around" in the shop!

Ive been building bits and spurs for around two years, and have decided to take the engraving aspect more seriously. I've never had any training or had the opportunity to attend classes, so the cafe has been invaluable to my progress. Thanks for posting everyone and have a happy new year!

Also, I would appreciate constructive criticism.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 308
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 309

zmankay

Nicely done, Dan! What tools did you use, I would guess a flat, beading tool, liner and maybe a 90 and/or 120 degree graver?

DanAtkisson

I used a 36 flat for the backbones, a 45 flat for the bright cuts and border, an 18-10 liner for shade on the scrolls, and a 116 V for shading the flower, the cap cuts and the cross hatching. I used a nail set for the flower center since I don't have any beading tools.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
real pretty stuff you got there. looks like you've done a bit of homework to get this result.

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
She will be happy, nicely done, thank you for sharing this one

Sponsors