Website building

tundratrekers@mtaonline.n

Elite Cafe Member
Was wondering if anyone has knowledge as to the best place to register domain and hosting.

Is it best to use the local phone co.,which provides my internet,or someone like
Go Daddy.

Or do the domain registraton, and hosting at different places.
I use Mac if it matters.

Thanks all.
michael

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I've used GoDaddy.com for several websites for both hosting and domain name registration. They are priced right and are never down. It's the way to go.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ethical host.
No scoundrally hidden cost, or selling you out to a bunch of glitchy sharks, and not powered by toddlers on spark generating trikes like the rest of the hosting services out there.
So I'm told ....

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
For domain registration I've used NameBargain.com for many years and am 100% satisfied.

For hosting the forum and my personal websites I use Pair.com and am 100% satisfied with them as well.

GoDaddy is a good service I've been told.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have many domains registered at GoDaddy and have been happy. When there is a problem, which is not often, I can get a human on the phone who is not from a foreign land and actually is helpful. They are also easy to maintain and manage multiple sites, domains, etc.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thought I would throw one more up here for you. I use Ipage.com. It's a one stop shop for website hosting. Very reasonably priced and the site building controls are basically web for dummies. Drag and drop. If I can do it anyone can. Oh, and always easy to talk to a human and they are happy to help with fixes.
Good luck!
Layne Z.

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Southern Custom I went to your web site to check out how your web site turned out. I post most of my engraving work on facebook however I am being asked by customers to come up with a Web Site. I like how you laid yours out very simple. Thanks for sharing. I also like your black powder rifle engraving you have done. I have a black powder gun in my studio right now that I need to engrave. I will be starting soon will post pictures when I finish
thanks again

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I use Network Solutions and have since 1996. I believe they were the original registrar for domain names. I have a 1st level name that doesn't require adding the www in front. However, I think they are now on the 4th or 5th iteration of registrations worldwide. They provide all the other services as well, but I don't use them. www.netsol.com

I use EarthLink for my webhosting and also have done so since 1996. Have never had my site go down and they do a full backup every hour so you can always login and reload your last backup if you have to for some reason. They have all the bells and whistles included if you want them....blog, forum, wordpress, mailing list, etc. www.earthlink.net

Both are more expensive than the el cheapos, but you get what you pay for.

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I use go daddy, and the only thing I'd change is to get them to send me less (no) e-mail offers! They also ask me to check my account status far too often. There are never any changes to be made when I do!

Latest posts

Sponsors