Using iPad or iPhone App as a drawing Tablet interacting with Illustrator

mrthe

Thank you for the info Rod!

to draw or sketch with my ipad i use the app "Adobe Ideas " work great for vectorize your draws and use it after for transfers, is like illustrator but more easy and very very fast , i love it, you can work with layers and save and export it like .pdf , is a must to have if you have an IPad and you want use it for drawing.

[video=youtube;gIQhAwKvTYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIQhAwKvTYk[/video]

Last edited:

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you, Paolo!

I have seen this mentioned, and certainly buying an App is very economical, compared with a new wireless Wacom tablet, so I will also give this a try.

Nothing beats good old pencil and paper, good to keep these going, it is just that my limited skills with Illustrator allow me to see it is a useful tool for design, every individual element can be pushed around, this encourages me to look at layout and balance more closely. Like many, some of my useful ideas come from a sketch on the back of an old newspaper, while waiting for a plane, or a doctor's appointment.

Let me take a moment to thank you, Paolo, for your supportive postings on the forums, and to congratulate you and your great nickels and other art objects!

best

Rod

Last edited:

mrthe

Thank you Rod !
All the way you are right ,nothing is like paper and pencil,but this can be another tool to add and support the traditional way,not to replace it.
This app is easy to use,very easy,you don't need a lot of knowledges like in Illustrator,his interface if very intuitive and the haven't a lot of tools all the essentials,you can put your original draw made by hand with paper and pencil in a layer,and vectorize it in the second one,you can use your finger or a cheap stylus,this is very helpfull to scale your draw to fit it in your project,because this work using vectors,and allow you to have a great resolution if you want use it at the 1 cm size or 1 meter for example,is not like a wacom cintiq but for draw outlines work great!

Last edited:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rod, I have all these App's installed, and yes it is fun for about 30 minutes.
But I'm still waiting for the App that let me print my creative thoughts.

arnaud

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Rod: I've made some half-hearted attempts at this, but I guess I'm spoiled by using the computer. I haven't abandoned the idea...just haven't done much with it.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm not computer literate when it comes to learning vectoring and such, so I find I'm more productive using the "old" computer, the pencil.

Andrew Biggs

You can only shake your head in wonder at all this technology.

It makes you wonder how on earth someone managed to design that beautiful shield and helmet that was posted recently by Rod and Roger.

All they had was charcoal and if they were really lucky a bit of vellum. :)

Cheers
Andrew

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Like Arnaud said, I tried it for a few minutes, and went back to my pencil, but still think it might be worth getting literate with my Wacom Tablet. Whatever brings the creative gene to the fore, and scratching with a stick a sandy beach will often work.

Rod

rodsta

Elite Cafe Member
Afterthoughts:
I'm sure that it won't replace my pencil nor my computer but for jotting some ideas down and just keeping me in the art mode while away from the computer it is handy. The guy in the video sure makes it look like fun.....*smile

Rod

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What I need is an easier way to come up with original, beautiful ideas, not so much a new technology to learn and play with! If anyone has one of those, let me know yesterday!

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is a lot of fun, Walter!

As a person who does it the old fashioned way, with hammer and chisel, would you say it is a good training tool, as a preamble to carving, or just a fun app?

Rod

Andrew Biggs

What I need is an easier way to come up with original, beautiful ideas

An ideas app now that's a thought............something that takes the creative brainwaves from your mind and transplants them onto your I-Phone and I-Pad.

All in vector image ready for transfers of course :)

Smokin!!!!!

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors