Try Bulino

vanknife

Elite Cafe Member
Good day to All,
I want to try Bulino engraving and have prepared the tools as described in some threads previously posted. I have done some scrim work and found that to be very satisfactory. If any one can judge the pic's in this post and tell me if there is anything more to take in consideration before I try Bulino.

The Zebra Scrim was done on Buffalo horn, The other two pieces is done on Ivory

I thank You all for any advice

"VAN"

Attachments

• Saudi Arabian 1 Riyal & Scrim.jpg
    Saudi Arabian 1 Riyal & Scrim.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Hoephoep.jpg
    Hoephoep.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 162
  • scrimed zebras.JPG
    scrimed zebras.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 153

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
hi Van, these pieces look great although it would be better if we could see the detail of the bird a bit better. It looks as if you've photographed it pre inking.

You may find steel a bit tougher than ivory but sometimes the resistance of the metal can be a help and used to advantage. Give bulino a try, it really is no great mystery. Just decide whether you're going to use dots or lines. Lines are more durable than dots and have the advantage of being able to be seen better. A lot of 'dot' bulino only looks good in exactly the right light and can be damaged very easily.

Don't be frightened of jumping in and giving it a go; I, for one, am looking forward to seeing the results.

vanknife

Elite Cafe Member
Marcus ,Tim, Andrew and Peter,

Thanks for the Positive help i will take that and do the next with more care, thanks also for the comments.

Cheers

"VAN"

Latest posts

Sponsors