Trophy buckle.

Titian

Elite Cafe Member
Hello everyone.
After a long hiatus. I have trained myself to have this work. I still need more practice. I hope that everyone will give you advice. To guide me to develop myself further.
The use of language that may not be good. I was one of Thailand.

Thank you very much.

sterling silver 9.25 . :)

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Hi Titian,

You were in Thailand? Or you are in Thailand now? (the word "was" is past tense - everything else you wrote is fine)

If this is your first attempt at making and engraving buckle you have done very well. Very few people could match that on the first try.

My only advice would be relating to the banner. Since it is the center of the piece it immediately attracts the eye.

If the lettering does not get gradually larger as it moves to the right - the banner should not be getting appreciably wider either... Everything else is placed and cut fairly symetrically, so you should try to keep that throughout the piece.

Brian

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i agree with brian. i think the ribbon should be uniform in width. other than that, i think it's a nice looking buckle.

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sawadee krab- nice looking buckle, and the banner looks prety darn good, I think you were trying to give it an "Antique" look.
In western style, buckles usually have a border of some knid, but overall it looks great.
Are you in Thailand, or where?
What was the event, and where?

Titian

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Titian,

You were in Thailand? Or you are in Thailand now? (the word "was" is past tense - everything else you wrote is fine)

If this is your first attempt at making and engraving buckle you have done very well. Very few people could match that on the first try.

My only advice would be relating to the banner. Since it is the center of the piece it immediately attracts the eye.

If the lettering does not get gradually larger as it moves to the right - the banner should not be getting appreciably wider either... Everything else is placed and cut fairly symetrically, so you should try to keep that throughout the piece.

Brian

HI,Brian

Yes, sir., I Thai people.

Yes, this is the first time I buckle. I will follow your instructions.

Thank you very much. :)

Titian

Elite Cafe Member
i agree with brian. i think the ribbon should be uniform in width. other than that, i think it's a nice looking buckle.

Thank very much.:)
I will update in my next work.

Titian

Elite Cafe Member
Sawadee krab- nice looking buckle, and the banner looks prety darn good, I think you were trying to give it an "Antique" look.
In western style, buckles usually have a border of some knid, but overall it looks great.
Are you in Thailand, or where?
What was the event, and where?

Sawasdee krub. Barry
I live in Thailand. District of Uthai Thani.
Thanks a lot to recommend it. I used to practice and develop my work further.
This buckle made ​​in Bangkok to show the award the past week.

Engrave work in Thailand. No teaching, there are very few people do Engrave.
I learn from all of you. Everyone is my teacher.:)

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
well, the more you visit here, the more you will learn. some of us may learn something from you.the forum purpose is to teach and promote the art of engraving in its many forms. have you engraved any jewelry ? if you have, send us a few fotos.

Latest posts

Sponsors