Transfer wax

N1RIO

Went to a store called crystal blueprint and bought some tacky wax. Best transfer wax I used in 54 years. HERB

N1RIO

Sorry - bought the wax about 3years ago. All I remember it was called tacky wax. Came in a small rectangular tub. Still using it. Herb

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
sanch: i've fiddled with stuff like this. i'd advise skipping the graphite. better to use black oil paint that artists use. don't use acrylic ( it's water-based), use the oil type found in toothpaste type tubes. or, maybe better yet, if you have any sirchie, that should work even better. i ended up with way too much graphite, and it got kinda gunky. problem is. you have to work up a batch slowly. i failed to do this. as a result i spent way too much time trying to reclaim a botched batch.

sanch

Elite Cafe Member
sanch: i've fiddled with stuff like this. i'd advise skipping the graphite. better to use black oil paint that artists use. don't use acrylic ( it's water-based), use the oil type found in toothpaste type tubes. or, maybe better yet, if you have any sirchie, that should work even better. i ended up with way too much graphite, and it got kinda gunky. problem is. you have to work up a batch slowly. i failed to do this. as a result i spent way too much time trying to reclaim a botched batch.

thanks for the advise!will heed it..

Latest posts

Sponsors