Tony Mosen’s Custom Chinese Jian Fittings by Chinese traditional metalwork handcrafts

charles wu

One more thread to follow the making of handmade open work Jian fittings (Chinese Sword Fittings ) from a traditional crafts metalwork studio – nine dragon .
I do hope there will be a lot of interest in the whole process from start to finish for everyone to watch from and enjoy.

As usual, Please feel free to ask questions and in order to keep the thread complete and knowledgeable, and within forum guidelines please do not discuss prices or the purchase here, instead privately SMS if you wish.
Cheers'

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Always fascinating!

I appreciate the blueprint in the first post - helps us (me at least) understand the whole process better.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Charles

Thank you for showing us the steps you take for your beautiful work.

I have a question......................by the looks of the photo you draw the design on very thin paper and then wrap it around the object to be engraved............then cut through the paper????

Cheers
Andrew

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
charles : a most precious and generous gift you have shared with us. i think i'm safe in thanking you in behalf of all the members, as well as the guests on this forum. incredible stuff, to say the least.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I always enjoy seeing your work, Charles. Thank you for sharing it with us. To see a photo sequence of how you create your beautiful art pieces is just fantastic! I hope I can meet you someday.

charles wu

Hi Andrew,

Yes, you are right. make or draw the design one the ordinary paper, or draw the simple design directly on the metal base. then slightly cut through the paper then the design will swift to the metal base. in fact, there is more ways to do this. but i most do like this.

Very sorry that the late reply, i just come here.

Hi Charles

Thank you for showing us the steps you take for your beautiful work.

I have a question......................by the looks of the photo you draw the design on very thin paper and then wrap it around the object to be engraved............then cut through the paper????

Cheers
Andrew

charles wu

Thank you Sam,
I hope meet you one day. have you ever visit China before ? or when will you plan to visit ?

Again, Sam, I am Very sorry that the late reply, i just come here.

I always enjoy seeing your work, Charles. Thank you for sharing it with us. To see a photo sequence of how you create your beautiful art pieces is just fantastic! I hope I can meet you someday.

charles wu

Monk, Great thanks, I am Very sorry that the late reply, i just come here.

charles : a most precious and generous gift you have shared with us. i think i'm safe in thanking you in behalf of all the members, as well as the guests on this forum. incredible stuff, to say the least.

Latest posts

Sponsors