Titanium cremation ashes pendant.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sure it is not obvious to make a father happy who lost his son in a car accident.
I have this order for over 8 weeks now, and as it is almost the first of November, the day we think about the dead’s, perhaps something like Halloween, I thought I had to finish it before that time. And I did.

The size of the pendant in millimetre is 35x25x7. I used 1 mm sheet Titanium to make a “box”. I finished completely except on the bottom. I made a sheet that fitted but Glenn’s ashes had to
Be in first before welding the bottom part.
So today that is what I did, put the ashes on the pendant whiteout spilling and in front of the father looking me doing that. I would be a goldsmith if I could do that with the most respect. On top of that I welded the front sheet while the dad was still there, so he could be sure what is inside the pendant.

Finishing the welding etc I did after he left, tomorrow he will pick it up finished.

Sure I didn’t make him real happy, but sure I succeed and made him something he wanted to have close whit him.

About the technical part, the total weight of the pendant is only 12 gram. To be sure the welding is watertight, I filled it with water, put it on a cigarette paper for the night to find out.

On the front there is the name “GLENN” on the back it says “MATEKE” and that means something like BUDY.

When I was taking this order, I made lots of possibilities how I could decorate the pendant with engraving, stones, gold inlay etc. Not to make it more expensive but of course it would, but it was not about all of that, the dad just wanted these two words engraved.
I only engraved these two words although I could have engraved some “MAGIC DESING” on it. I hope I may do that on my next project.

arnaud

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
great project for an engraver. a way to "connect" with people. given the dimensions and weight, how could anyone not respect the symbolism here ? then on top of it all, a very tastefully done engraving job. this man will be proud of this-- guaranteed.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
That's a really nice remenberance and one the father will appreciate forever. Nice job Arnaud.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
It was a shock for me to wake up this morning to see my name on cremation pendant!
Very nice miniature pendant.

Latest posts

Sponsors