There are a lot of Chinese [photo]

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Me too I have some Friday fun.
As I told before I finally found a combination for drawing an engraving that I like a lot. So there will be more Chinese to come.

Now at last I begin to draw bigger which was one of the goals to start drawing directly onto metal.

For the first time I have engraved knives that are finished. The part I’m showing her was the fourth part I had to do.

All four have a different scroll design, but in a way they all fit. On the other side one has stippled background and this one has a lined background.
I didn’t bother much about rules to make the design, so probably I broke some but when seen with the naked eye the knife now is a beauty and the four different designs add something extra.

arnaud

Last edited:

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This are really darm nice looking knives Arnaud, good for you you have found a way that gives even more fun, must try it myself one day, I already have the knives but hasitation put the brakes on starting it. ( drempelvrees...)

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Willem, yes you should give it a try yourself. Those knives are Chinese too, I buy them here for 5 euros and this one even has 3 blades and can cut.
If you start drawing and cutting on a knife like that, not much lost when you screw it, but you will do the best you can more than when doing a practice plate.
Now this knife isn't flat, so it is a bit more difficult to cut, on the other hand you learn more by raising the bar a bit.
Just try a basic design, start with a backbone one or two spirals, and add leaves without touching the backbone. Tree leaves in a scroll will do. It isn't that difficult but I think you just make it difficult.
Even just one leaf with a few lobs coming from under the border can make a nice engraving on a knife like this.

arnaud

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you for your encouraging Arnaud I wil go for it, I have two knives, one with brass and one with steel covers.
I will start with the brass, do you buy your knifes in a shop nearby or do you order them online?
Mine are very very expensive more then two times your price so you can imagine my hasitation... they cost € 12,- :eek: ;)

Last edited:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes Willem, that is expensive, especially for someone from the Netherlands. ( ja die Belgen Hollander grappen hé)
I have some knives from Chris DeCamillis, but I buy some here in the "Brico Shop" They always have a container opruiming.

nice week-end, arnaud

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
Yes we Dutchies invented the copper wire, two Dutch guys fighting for a cent.....;)

Lol Willem :D
Get a grip & start cutting, I'll send you €12 if you screw up ;)

Great work Arnaud, great way to practice & experiment & make a gift at the same time!
Seems a few of us skipped work today :sly:

Latest posts

Sponsors