Question: The Victor (ball vise)

Msid21

New Jersey just out side Wildwood, about 35 south
just started engraving in Sept. after taking class at GRS, purchased just about everything i need to get started from them, when a friend heard that i started to engrave, he gave me the Victor ball, which he been hanging onto for years after buying it at a yard sale, it is in fair shape, scratched up a bit, the biggest problem i can find is that the bushing is worn some and has some movement side to side, my question, does anyone work on these, can the bushing be replaced, or is it not worth fixing? i tried to find the manufacturer online and cant seem to find who made it or how old it might be, the only other markings on it is made in the USA and HR . would greatly appreciate any input on this, thanks Mike :tiphat:

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Those are good vises and certainly worth fixing. You can PM me your phone # and I'll give you a call to see if we can't just adjust it. I'll be able to help you with the bushing most likely if it can't be tweaked.

tundratrekers@mtaonline.n

Elite Cafe Member
Those are tapered shafts.If you cant lower the bearing at the bottom,maybe you can shorten the shaft,in order to let it go a little deeper into the hole.But the end will need to be perfectly square,in order to ride smoothly on the bearing at the bottom.Just a thought.mike

Latest posts

Sponsors