The Firearms Engravers Guild of America at the Brownells Gunsmith Conference

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
FEGA is running a booth in Des Moines this week at the Brownells conference at the Marriot in Des Moines, march 27-28.
if you are in the area, come on by!

Bob Strosin setting up the booth, featuring the new banners and flyers designed by Andrew Biggs.

Interacting with the public.

Engraved rifle by Bob Strosin:

ENgraved shotgun by Bob Strosin:

Our newest member G. Robert "Bob" Thacker from the Pennsylvannia Gunsmith School, with Bob And Betty Strosin and Sharon Dressel:

Engraved Jewelry by Bob Strosin.

Castings for sale:

Last edited:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Barry,Was anyone from the NRA with a booth? The NRA is a big supporter of the engraving art. J.J.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It should be noted that Frank Brownell is a VERY big supporter of the engraving arts and FEGA. Not only is Brownell's a sponsor but Frank himself has supported us in auction and special purchase items for MANY years. He goes about it quietly and graciously but has been a very good friend of FEGA. I feel it is great to have FEGA represented at their trade fair.

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It should be noted that Frank Brownell is a VERY big supporter of the engraving arts and FEGA. Not only is Brownell's a sponsor but Frank himself has supported us in auction and special purchase items for MANY years. He goes about it quietly and graciously but has been a very good friend of FEGA. I feel it is great to have FEGA represented at their trade fair.
Yes, it is a great event and we are very fortunate to have a great name like Brownells associated with our group.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Pa Gunsmith School is right down the road from me. I hear it is one of the finest in the United States.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Brownell did publish The Art of Engraving by James B. Meek, Bob Brownell was a good friend with Meek and talked him into writing the book which took seven years to write.The book that got us started in the U.S.:thumbsup: J.J.

Eugene Carkoski

Elite Cafe Member
When I got my book from brownnell's , I then went down the road an had Mr. Meek sign it, a lot of water went under the bridge since then.

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It was a great event, we signed up Bob Thacker and JERRY FISHER, and Jerry reserved a table at our Vegas 2014 gun engravers show and bought two banquet tickets!

david rogers1944

do you know where i can get gun kits revolvers and such muzzle loaders cap and ball to build and engrave want a wholwsalw outlet as i have tax licines and a shop

Latest posts

Sponsors