The Engraver

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Just received my fall copy of the Engraver,wow :tiphat:off to Andrew and all the talented engraving artists,keep up the good work.:thumbsup: J.J.

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Got mine today also JJ and it is, cover to cover, another great Andrew product. Really nice photos and articles. Thanks Andrew!! Still don't know how you keep besting yourself each issue.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The latest edition of The Engraver is outstanding! The image of the Dave Riccardo engraved knife on the cover is worthy of lengthy study. The illustrated how to articles by Rod Cameron, Weldon Lister, and Martin Strolz are interesting and very informative. Overall there is so much valuable content in this issue that it is worth the annual dues to a serious student of engraving.

Thanks to everyone who contributed :tiphat:

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
Andrew has performed another outstanding feat. As Roger said, the how-to articles are keepers. I was flattered that Andrew included some of my photos in company with such masters of the craft. I returned home just in time to grab the copy and fly to California with it so my son could see it while we attend my grandson's birthday party.

By the way, the Space Shuttle was flying circles around us when we arrived in L.A. Quite a sight, and an unexpected trip down memory lane, as I recall watching its first flight. End of an era.

Last edited:

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
Received mine yesterday too. Only had a very quick flick through so far, but looks like another excellent one to me.
And as for that front cover...WOW!!! Love it!
Thank you to Andrew and all involved in its creation.
Jo

Andrew Biggs

Thanks for that, most appreciated. As usual it's the contributors that make the magazine what it is. The stories and photos are top of the line.

Dave's knife on the cover is a real gem and probably full of secret code about the world ending according to the Mayan calendar. :)

Sorry about the late reply. I've been away for the last couple of weeks or so working and the forum just isn't the same on a 3" X 2" I-phone screen :)

Cheers
Andrew

mrthe

Just recived my copy in the mailbox!
Another great number,great articles , photos and tutorials!
Congratulation to Andy and all the stuff and this time expeciall to David Roccardo the knife on the cover is just Amazing!

celticjohn

Guys, Can somebody enlighten me on the "engraver" magazine. I can't seem to find a website to see about subscription.
Is it monthly, bi-monthly? any information greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

take-down

Elite Cafe Member
Got Mine Today
Outstanding work detailed and the descriptive articles have a value that words can not justify with the description of the process and pictures to fully understand the text
Many thanks for your time & effort Andrew

On a side note pity you can't take time off to come up to Cambridge for the Armistice show this year as for the second year in a row I have managed to get a local Hamilton Knife Maker to display his goodies (Colin Nicol) He is doing some nice work & very interested in engraving

Andrew Biggs

Hi Celtic John

The Engraver magazine is the Firearms Engravers Guild Of America (FEGA) magazine. You will find the link at www.fega.com and click on the "magazine" button. It is a quarterly publication, full glossy of 32 pages. It's the only magazine of it's type in the world dealing exclusively with hand engraving.

Take-down.......tell me more about it when you can. One year it may happen as I have close family in Cambridge. Not this year though as my travelling isn't quite over yet for the year :) Cambridge is a beautiful area.

Cheers
Andrew

celticjohn

Thanks guys. I've attempted to register with Fega but keep getting booted. I've contacted them directly and hopefully they help me out. I noticed they have a store selling castings and instructional DVDs. I'll have some of them also, it can only help.

Thanks again guys, much appreciated

Andrew Biggs

Hi CelticJohn

Try the "membership" button > Join/Renew then international "begin purchase" button. From memory you have to register first which takes a couple of days because it is initially done manually at the home office.

If that doesn't work then let us know because we are keen to fix any cliches in the system. We did a massive upgrade just recently...........so it is one of those works in progress things. :)

Cheers
Andrew

celticjohn

Andrew, I did all that. Went through the international option and came to a screen to fill in my details. When I fill out the registration form and press to submit it, the system asks me to fill the form out again....and again. I gave up. It's probably something small....maybe zip code...as we dont use zip codes over this side of the pond. I'm sure it's something small.

Thanks anyway

axeman11

Yes. Mr. Biggs has done an outstanding job. it does help having great contributors from which to choose those fitting and educational articles. Hats off to Mr. Biggs for his coordinating the whole shebang. or is it sha-bang?.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mike,

I enjoyed your article in the Engraver! I remember the piece well from when we spent some time together in Reno!

Take-down,

I had the pleasure of visiting your town of Cambridge, New Zealand, some years ago, and enjoyed it. I was there to sing in some concerts near Rotarua, thence down to the South Island where I met a guy called Andrew Biggs for the first time. He and his Mary fired up the barbie and made us feel at home at the start of a friendship that has lasted some years. I join with you in congratulating Andrew on his sterling work as Engraver editor, moderator of this forum, master engraver, and all round great fellow. Your Cambridge is the third one I have spent time in, I was four years at Cambridge University, England, catching up on my book learning. Boy, talk about old buildings and established traditions, my college rooms were built before the Aztecs built their pyramid temples in what is now Mexico City, the temples that those following Cortes destroyed.

Does anyone have any spare unused airline miles to get Andrew to Reno this year?

Rod

Last edited:

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks, Rod, and thanks for your help at Reno. I learned a bit about lighting.

I also recall that you spent time showing me how you did your gold-plate method, and your article explains it in much more detail. The article and photos are an excellent explanation of the technique, and the results are amazing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors