the bite of border

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Two recently finished Ti wedding rings. You could know I do a lot of Ti jewellery as gold has become expensive. But not that much a problem for me, as Ti wedding rings the way I do them is liked by enough customers who visit me.
So I would encourage all to give it a try. Find some Ti and cut it, you will be amazed of its properties.

These two are my best selling ones, price for both, engraved on the inside and putted in a box, 750 euro.
It sure is cut using a graver, different than the running leaf border or the nick and round one. I cal this border the bite of border.
I’m selling just my work, one gets the canvas for free.
And yes, one can by a couple Ti wedding ring for less than 60 dollar, but sure not these ones with the bite off border. :cool:

arnaud

Yes the male's one doesn't have a "bite of border", perhaps he already is "bite of" by his girlfriend, not wanting to have it on his wedding ring :)

Last edited:

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
Hi arnaud, I like your work on the ti very much. I have not been able to find it very readily in the pure form over here. I will look harder. And yes nobody buys gold from me anymore. I buy from them and resell.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Douglas, thank you. Try to find a industry company and ask them for a sample. Most of the time they have what they call a small sheet, it will be big enough to make jewellery for some years. And on top is will be much cheaper than buying a small sheet from a jewellery supply store.

I don’t sell much gold neither, I too buy it, keep it and sell Ti. And I think having gold is much better than money on the bank.

arnaud

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
I know I have told you before Arnaud, but I just love your textured jewelry!

Hi Arnaud, I am a new engraver to jewelry, I did mostly guns before being asked to do jewelry which I like better than guns!
My question is would you share how you do the textured design? It looks like etching, is it? Maybe a stamp? I am very anxious to know as I think I could make good use of in some of my art deco design for jewelry..Thanks PS I loved Holland when I was there, such and artsy place, the VanGogh muesem was just opening when I was there and all his known work was at the museum, most on loan from art patrons around the world..it is still a vivid and cherished memory! Thanks Randolf

Latest posts

Sponsors