Thanks!

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
I would like to thank Sam, and all the other posters here in the cafe'. I had a client bring in 8 sterling spoons to match the family set. She also brought a fork in with a hand engraved initial that she wanted engraved on all the spoons.
Thanks to Sam's teaching, I was able to identify each cut and how it was made, and then be able to duplicate it, and thanks to the forum members, I was able to use my jewelers torch to soot the letter on the fork, and, using scotch tape, transfer the letter to each spoon.
It's nice to feel confident when approached about what could be a difficult hand engraving job.

THANKS!!!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
not sure what a "jewelers' torch" is. could be scary. a candle sounds much safer to use for lifting transfers. may produce more soot too.

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
not sure what a "jewelers' torch" is. could be scary. a candle sounds much safer to use for lifting transfers. may produce more soot too.

My jewelers torch uses propane and oxygen. Leaving the Oxy off produces a rich, yellow, sooty flame exactly where i am set up to have flame. A candle would have worked too, but don't have one in the shop, and I probably (and stupidly) would have used it near open and flammable liquid.

Sponsors