Thanks Sam Alfano & GRS WJA Ring

jb1983

Elite Cafe Member
Hello, I made this ring a week after my Intermediate Jewelry Engraving class with Sam. I would like to thank Sam for being a great teacher and sharing his knowledge. I also would like to thank GRS for having these classes available.

I entered this ring in the WJA design competition. It is a gent's eternity band. The diamonds and pattern repeat all around the band. The band is 8.5 mm wide, set with (.02) each bead set diamonds. The engraved part is 3mm. This piece took first place and will go on to JA, NY to compete in nationals. Since making this ring I keep on practicing what I have learned and my cutting keeps getting better. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_7950.jpg
    IMG_7950.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_7896.jpg
    IMG_7896.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Great job and congrats Jake! The lumenesque scroll looks great! Really proud of your progress :thumbsup:

jb1983

Elite Cafe Member
Jake

Nice job I envy you as that you have gone and studied with Sam. I look forward to the day i will get to be with Sam for some personal training. By the way what is the width of the ring. 6mm or 8mm

Thanks, the hole band is 8.5 mm. The engraving part is 3mm each side.

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very very nice ring, I like the Luminesque scroll very much ( did it several times myself) but the combination with stones surprised me in its beauty.