system 3? what exactly does it do

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lol...I've gone to far already.. going to finish. ... in a few years.. I'll help someone and show them what not to do...

sent from my S3 using tapatalk 2 great app for forums

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Have you ever heard the term "Buy cheap, pay twice"? We all like to save money if we can but, depending on how seriously you take your engraving, paying that little bit extra in the beginning will save you becoming dissatisfied with your tools in a couple of years and having to "upgrade".

I've not used the Airgraver Artisan so can't really comment but I do know that I would not give up the stroke length adjustment of the Classic for anything and having this feature really is worth the extra few hundred bucks in my opinion. Likewise, if you go for a GRS system a GraverMach should really be your starting place if you are serious about your engraving.

Choice of system is up to the individual and either is more than capable of producing superb results. The "entry level" systems will also produce results (forget System 3 for engraving though) but often lack that extra bit of finesse that the more expensive tools have and if you find that you need that as your engraving skills progress you end up upgrading which will cost you more than if you'd purchased the slightly more expensive tools in the first place.

I've said this before but it's worth reiterating, in the scheme of things the air assisted tools at our disposal are incredibly good value even for the hobbyist. Imagine if your hobby was golf, you'd pay for a new set of clubs every few years and your annual club membership will easily cost more than investing in engraving tools. If your hobby is photography again, a decent set up will easily cost as much, if not more than an Airgraver. If you're a professional engraver or aspire to make money from your hobby then it's a no brainer, invest in the best you can afford.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I had two students bring there System 3 to my class and I talked them into buying a GRS or Linndsay engraving system,the System 3 may be a good tool for the jewelry trade but not when it comes to engraving.The first thing I tell students is don't buy anything to class until you talk to me,just bring a drawing pad pencils and note pad and a pen. J.J.

Latest posts

Sponsors