Critique Request Strop plate part 2

John Cole

Elite Cafe Member
Here is the drawing for another strop plate. I know K Frei is going to cringe at the 2" strops, but this one is for me, and it fits my strop. ;)
Plus, I had the worksheet from the other project just sitting right there, I mean I had to doodle on it right??

Critiques on the drawing are very much appreciated. I plan on getting time to cut on this tomorrow.

thanks,
John

Attachments

• scrollwork 01s.jpg
    scrollwork 01s.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 274
  • scrollwork 01shaded.jpg
    scrollwork 01shaded.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 277

John Cole

Elite Cafe Member
I forgot to put this in on the initial post.
Here is what I came up with for the initial drawings for the rivit heads to mount the plate. The rivits are 3/8" and this drawing fits into the other pattern.

I got inspired to try something like this after watching Shawn's video on shading flowers with overlapping petals.
We'll see how it turns out.

thanks,
John

Attachments

• rivit flower 01s.jpg
    rivit flower 01s.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 272

K Frei

Elite Cafe Member
Another 2 inch strop.... I can't imagine how many nics I'd have in that thing:eek:. I guess it just goes to show so much of things is what we learn with.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Another 2 inch strop.... I can't imagine how many nics I'd have in that thing:eek:. I guess it just goes to show so much of things is what we learn with.

Your comment prompted me to look at a vintage hanging strop that I have. It is 2.5" wide. Is there any reason that the hanger needs to be as wide as the strop?

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
It helps to keep the strop from curling, as well as adding more canvas to display your art.

John Cole

Elite Cafe Member
Sorry for the confusion.
I have had my strop for several years now. I just decided to make a nicer and fancier top plate for it while I had the pattern out.
When I asked for critique, I didn't realize it would be over the size of my strop....:shock: lol

John

John Cole

Elite Cafe Member
Here is the finished plate along with the rivets that I'll use to attach this to the leather strop.

thanks for looking,

John

Attachments

• strop plate scroll 03s.jpg
    strop plate scroll 03s.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 110

Latest posts

Sponsors