Critique Request Sterling pic.

golden forge

Elite Cafe Member
Hi all, I'm still scratching on guitar picks, this one was requested buy a friend to give to their brother, and they wanted his initials on the reverse side. This is the third or fourth attempt to engrave letters by hand, and it turned out better than the last attempt, so I guess it's practice practice practice.:graver:
The pic is .925 silver, cut with a 120 graver, and a 40/15 flat graver.

Attachments

• DSC03409.jpg
    DSC03409.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC03412.jpg
    DSC03412.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 217

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the reverse shows a very good level of control. the initials will follow suit after you've done a few. nice looking pick.

golden forge

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Monk,
I'm trying to spend quite a few hours a week with a graver in hand, or looking at scrolls, studying other people's engravings, and trying to remember that I once knew how to draw, and overall having a blast with it.

handengraver

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Golden Forge,
I very much like the ornamental engraving on the front. I wish You had the same concept with the initials, using most of the surface instead of limiting yourself to that little space. If an interlocked monogram is not yor call yet, you might enjoy drawing and cutting upright script letters on these guitar picks, with the family name's initial larger in the middle. I wish You good luck, and more fun with your engraving.
Handengraver

Latest posts

Sponsors