Starrett 2" dividers on eBay

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have mine that was already a used one for 30 years, and I'm sure it will last for another 30 years.

You are right Sam, sure a must have one

arnaud

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Wow...he must have a few of these. What a great opportunity for 2" divider nerds like me :)

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Sam, thanks, I think I just bought a pair. They have to be better than the crappers I have.

Todd

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You aren't the only ones. Seeing this made me realize that since my last shop move in January, my 15 year old pair seems to have come up missing. Now I'm jealous!
Layne

highveldt

Elite Cafe Member
Doc;

I missed them as well yesterday. However, this morning and found and purchased a new 2" Brown & Sharpe divider on e-Bay for $12.50--I was up early.

Rats! I missed the dividers. That's what I get for not going to The Cafe early in the morning!

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congrats, Todd. You'll never need another pair.

are you nuts? :beatup: i have FOUR pairs of 2" Starretts and wouldn't pass up a deal on more. in fact, it's not that unusual for me to simultaneously deploy all four while doing a complex layout job (double gold borders, that sort of thing). he might not ever wear out the first pair, but like woodworkers & clamps, engravers can never have too many good small dividers.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I have 4 pair as well, my best pair being an ancient Consolidated Tool brand, two Starrett 2-inchers and one a Starrett 3" I use for traveling. They're all good as gold!

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
like woodworkers & clamps, engravers can never have too many good small dividers.
Tell me about it!!! I am currently building a baby cradle for my granddaughter who will be born in January. All 4 sides and the bottom require multiple boards to be glued together, but I only have 3 clamps that allow work up to 36 inches. Thus I can only glue up one side per day wasting a whole week just gluing up boards. I just finished the prototype (ie; practice piece) made from rough sawn pine boards. The wife is going to use it as a toybox for when the kids visit.

The actual cradle will be from figured Iowa walnut with scroll carving on the head and foot boards and will have an engraved brass plaque commemorating the event. Hopefully, it will become a family heirloom to be passed on to future generations.

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have one Starrett and it works great, I'd like to buy one extra, however to late - any way, thank you Sam for the link

bildio

Elite Cafe Member
Got mine. Very nice.

I was concerned that 2 inches was going to be too small, but not the case. The legs are 2 inches, and overall length is 3 1/4 inches.

Best $30 I spent this week, & I'll enjoy using them for a long time.

Sam, thanks again.

Latest posts

Sponsors