St. Christopher Protects Us. but on a budget.

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Merry Christmas everyone, and with it being Christmas come the Christmas rush jobs. This is a 100 dollar Canadian gold coin that one of my Jeweller clients had ground off,leaving blank gold coin of I would think about 18k yellow. Of course the job has to be done ASAP. Plus with a Grinch like budget.

So no balino engraving here. Just enough of a outline to get the idea accross. Other wise known as bread and butter engraving to us jewellers. So here is what I came up with in less than 4 hours.
Talk to ya later,
Jim

Attachments

• StChristopher11a.jpg
    StChristopher11a.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 199

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great use of your time. I was under the impression from what others have said that Canadian gold coins were 22+ k. Is this wrong?

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Could be but it didn't cut like 22k. The Maple leaf is 24k. I'm not really sure what the $100.00 coin is.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
something to be proud of to wear. i'll wager the recipient will be blown away with this piece.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Jim! Great to see you posting again, and this is an excellent example of economy of line engraving. :thumbsup:

~Sam

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jim, I think it looks great and I know it looks even better when viewed the way it is supposed to be: Without magnification.
Based on my screen, what you've shown is about 4-1/2 times normal size. Hard to hide any slight deviation from perfection when you look at it that way.
This is a perfect example of very good work done with efficient, timely execution!

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was just looking at prices of the coin and the same size (27mm) 14K round stampings available from Stuller. I was surprised. The coin, which is 2mm thick, sells for about $450.00 US. A 27mm round 14K stamping in 14 gauge (1.63mm) is $611.51 US today. You get more gold and more "cool factor" for less money using the coin.

Latest posts

Sponsors