Source for practice plates

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
Earlier today, I saw a request for a source for ordering practice plates, but I cannot find it now. If you go to www.SendCutSend.com, you can upload your own part drawing or use their PART BUILDER program. You can pick your metal and pick a shape style. It will tend to come up with a default set of rounded corners, but you can increase the radius or reduce it to zero as desired. They are relatively inexpensive and an especially good source for odd-shaped plates at a reasonable price.

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I get my practice plates at tractor Supply or hardware stores. I buy the 2 or 3 inch wide stuff. I sand it on my belt sander up to 240 grit then finish with 320 by hand. Then I cut the length I need on my band saw.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
scrap yards can be an xcelent source of manny practice metals of all specie one would want to practice on. cheap too

jsaville

Earlier today, I saw a request for a source for ordering practice plates, but I cannot find it now. If you go to www.SendCutSend.com, you can upload your own part drawing or use their PART BUILDER program. You can pick your metal and pick a shape style. It will tend to come up with a default set of rounded corners, but you can increase the radius or reduce it to zero as desired. They are relatively inexpensive and an especially good source for odd-shaped plates at a reasonable price.
I visited Lowes Plumbing Department to practice engraving a gun barrel. I used a 6 inch Pipe nipple after a bit of sanding on the surface.

Attachments

• Barrel Sample2.jpg
    Barrel Sample2.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Sponsors