Sorry John...I didn't mean to

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
The guy that ordered the skull pendant from me a while back, ordered 2 more for his boys. So...oooops I did again, hahaha.

The other one is a birthday present for a soon to be 16 year old girl. Done in titanium. The stippling changes from darker than the titanium to lighter than it. And....it is not a skull, hahaha

Anyways,

As always, feel free to rip it apart.

Marc

20240221_172918.jpg 20240221_172806.jpg

Crowman80

The guy that ordered the skull pendant from me a while back, ordered 2 more for his boys. So...oooops I did again, hahaha.

The other one is a birthday present for a soon to be 16 year old girl. Done in titanium. The stippling changes from darker than the titanium to lighter than it. And....it is not a skull, hahaha

Anyways,

As always, feel free to rip it apart.

Marc

View attachment 52553 View attachment 52554
Really beautiful work Marc

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Some beautiful engraving work and outstanding shading.
Wonderful scrollwork, borders and backgrounding.

Not my thing, but If you are into skulls, these are about the best I've seen.
Some real artistic talent displayed here!
Thanks John, I always appreciate your opinion. I knew these skulls weren't your thing, that's why I also posted the scarab. I was just messing about a wee bit. I am hoping I don't have to do another one for a long while though, hahaha

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Beautiful work! The girl‘s pendant reminds of a classic Journeys record cover… Did you use ink to blacken the background?

I live in France. Would you teach me some basics, if I‘d come to the Netherlands?

Cheers

Ralf
Thanks Ralf...

The regular background is blackened, as are all of the lines, and shading. Except the shading in the moon and the back of the scarab. These were stippled. They play with light very nicely, turning from dark to light.

My workshop isn't equiped for having guests at the moment. I can hardly fit in there myself. I should be moving to a better room in the house though. When all is done, you are more than welcome to visit. Not sure if I can teach you anything though, but coffee and a good laugh is always available

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
beautiful, organic, very cool skulls. esp the one with a few teeth missing. some say there's nothing left to engrave, ideas that is. seems to me you aren't short of inspiration.

allan621

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
marc

Your work has gone beyond the level where there are reasons to rip it apart. You're at the point where you have to work hard to find even small inconsistencies to point out. Now, when you get the bigger house and have room for a student, you will find that teaching someone else will make you think a little more about how you do what you do. But for now...Wow.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
marc

Your work has gone beyond the level where there are reasons to rip it apart. You're at the point where you have to work hard to find even small inconsistencies to point out. Now, when you get the bigger house and have room for a student, you will find that teaching someone else will make you think a little more about how you do what you do. But for now...Wow.
Thanks, that is very kind of you to say. I continue to see myself as someone that just started on his journey to learn this beautiful craft. I tend to see alot of mistakes in everything I do. But...I believe that is what makes someone progress in whatever he/she is trying to learn.
You may be very right. Now...I just do...try...learn. If I were to try and teach someone, I would have to "realise" what needs to be done. Not sure if I would ever be a good teacher, hahaha

vondershred

Hey Marc,

That’s some beautiful work. I just started out, but I’ll be happy if I’ll ever reach your level. Stylewise this is right up my ally. Let me know when you take students! I’m from Belgium so we can speak Dutch. ;)

Vriendelijke groeten uit Brugge,

Tristan.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Marc,

That’s some beautiful work. I just started out, but I’ll be happy if I’ll ever reach your level. Stylewise this is right up my ally. Let me know when you take students! I’m from Belgium so we can speak Dutch. ;)

Vriendelijke groeten uit Brugge,

Tristan.
I am not there yet...but if I do, I will let you know, hahaha.

ChrisWilson

Love your stippling would like to know if your self taught or who you took a class from? Also what your useing to stipple with. I’ve been trying to get better and practice this using several different gravers and like to see what others find that work for them. Would like to take a good Bulino class. I’m good at pen and ink stipple drawings but it hasn’t crossed over to the graver for me. Also I love that border that looks like twisted ribbon, hadn’t seen that before, I’m going to have to try it! Thanks
Chris

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Love your stippling would like to know if your self taught or who you took a class from? Also what your useing to stipple with. I’ve been trying to get better and practice this using several different gravers and like to see what others find that work for them. Would like to take a good Bulino class. I’m good at pen and ink stipple drawings but it hasn’t crossed over to the graver for me. Also I love that border that looks like twisted ribbon, hadn’t seen that before, I’m going to have to try it! Thanks
Chris
I am self taught, if that is still possible, with the internet and all. Youtube and some of Mr. Alfano's dvd's...and some good people here and there pointing me in the right direction. Along the way, I have tried to listen to any advice I have been given(tried...not always succeeded).

The stippling is simply done with a round blank, that I grind back to a needle sharp point. I mostly keep them rounded, but you can make it with facets. Nothing fancy there, hahaha.

Latest posts

Sponsors