something fun

K Frei

Elite Cafe Member
Although there is very little engraving on this... I feel like showing! Here is what you get when you give me a whole bunch of 32Ga 18k sheet and three days. hope you enjoy; and just in case you are wondering it is life size. K Frei

Attachments

• Gold Rose.jpg
    Gold Rose.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just lovely, K F!

I am glad you posted it. I am very impressed with your work on this every fresh rose. It brings a line or two of Robert Burns back to me:

A rose-bud by my early walk,
Adown a corn-enclosed bawk,
Sae gently bent its thorny stalk,
All on a dewy morning.
Ere twice the shades o' dawn are fled,
In a' its crimson glory spread,
And drooping rich the dewy head,
It scents the early morning. r. b.

Rod

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
K
That's a really nice piece of work, have you perused Jim Miller's creations? Do you have further plans for this little rose? I also am pleased you shared with us.

Rod,
You always bring a wonderful fresh spirit to the forum, thanks, the poem is perfect.
Mark

K Frei

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you for you positive feed back! As for the rose, i rarely get do do something like this unless it is already sold; in this case it is a 50th anniversary gift. I have never herd of Jim Miller creations what do they do? Do they have a web site? Thanks again K Frei.
K
That's a really nice piece of work, have you perused Jim Miller's creations? Do you have further plans for this little rose? I also am pleased you shared with us.

Rod,
You always bring a wonderful fresh spirit to the forum, thanks, the poem is perfect.
Mark

K Frei

Elite Cafe Member
This Jim/ James Miller fellow seems like some one i could learn a-lot from... Does to teach; if so does he ever come to the US to do it? I'd like to see more of his work does he ever come over to shows, and of so which ones? thanks K Frei

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
James Miller is retired and lives in the UK. I have no idea if he teaches but has shown examples of his work on here. I also know he has posted on Facebook some of the creations he's made.
He produced a book of his work a couple of years ago and is a wonderful look at the high art of goldsmithing in my opinion. "The work of a Master Goldsmith" by James Miller You could search out his book for more views of his work. This is not a how to book but a visual pleasure of form a lot of floral influenced designs that your rose brought to mind.
Mark

Sponsors