Some old Triumph bits.

Neo Dutch

Elite Cafe Member

bthomas

Few times I have cut large scrolls I found it to be uniquely challenging...in this piece while the shade lines aren't subtle like something shaded on the size of a coin I think they work when cut bold like this on a large piece....also kudos you have good curvature control and flow.

Are we looking at a transmission cover from non unit twin? (thinking lareg hole is bore for kickstart shaft?)

If so to help visualize scale/size this would what, hang over the edges of a saucer (like used under coffee cup)?

please show the other bits as you work your way thru the project...overall effect should be attention getter.

Bill

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It does look like a transmission cover, but must be a pretty old vintage. I had a '67 and it was more triangular than that one, and had the points access cover on it.

Neo Dutch

Elite Cafe Member
It's the timing cover. 1962 was the last year for pre-unit construction. After that they went to having the engine case and gearbox case as one "unit".

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
:tiphat: That's cool, NeoDutch:cool:! I'm digging my way trough a layer of copper on a dechromed HD-derby cover and it's FAR from easy to hold a descent engraved line! It's my first (experimental) m/c part (bought second hand from ebay). The seller told me it was aluminium, yes... but than chromed aluminium:(. I tried almost every technique on this piece so I'm learning a lot. Design layout = free fantasy drawing on the (dechromed) cover. Lines with GraverMax, background removing hammer & chisel, stippling & hammer sculpting with GraverMax, cleaning up corners with push gravers, etc. When I can (finally) bring this to a 'presentable' end, I will post some photo's. Greetings, Paulie

Latest posts

Sponsors