Some more straight lines cutting and how to make a 1 mm stone look double size

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here is another pair of Ti wedding rings I just finished. Yes some more straight line cutting as well.
The lady wanted 7 stones being part of the line. Instead of using a beading tool to set the stones, this time I made me a small polished hammer, size something like 0.2mm to hammer down the edges around the stones to hold them. Using the En Set and tuning it with the minimum of power, I added a small concave shiny border to the stones that makes them look bigger than they are.
The photo is quite detailed so you can see the hammering marks, at real size with the naked eye, you can’t see that of course.
arnaud

Click the image to see at full size

bigransom

Elite Cafe Member
I was asking myself the same question: How did you texture the surface? That's a nice look to the surface, and the stone set. I like the minimalist design.
scottd.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you for that question, it is quite simple, I just made a hardened texture hammer some time ago using a carbide bur. I just hammer on the Ti sheet, heavy or a bit less, depending on what the customer want.
By using a hammer it is always a bit different and unique.
Sure using a rolling mill would work as well on Ti grade1 or 2

arnaud

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud
Love the rings .
Thanks to the Forum nd you I have found Ti. Been playing with some CP 2. Its been fun. But some of what I have cut has been kinda strange, one end it cuts smooth and fast other will be hard and ruff to cut.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I suppose you bang across your joint? Does it displace enough metal to require fore-planning?

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Chujybear, it is piece of cake moving the metal, the only issue is to move it the right direction. One thing for sure, these stones never will drop out as there is no way to wear of the hammering area.

arnaud